Content created and supplied by our partners at Brickworks.
When selecting the perfect roofing choice, there are a few key things to take into consideration. Your roof can do a lot for you, in terms of energy efficiency, appearance, durability and increasing the value of your home, so it’s important to choose a material that’s in line with your values and style. With a range of choices on the market, you have the option to choose from an array of materials, profiles, finishes and colours to ensure your chosen roof fits in with your design aesthetic.
The first thing to consider is appearance: do you want your roof to have a more traditional or modern look? Do you have a particular design style you’re going for, and if so, will your chosen tile fit in with this aesthetic?
Next up is value: will your chosen roof tile ensure long-term value for money? Sometimes the cheaper option upfront costs more in the long run with repairs and maintenance.
Thirdly, when it comes to your roof, you have to consider durability. A roof tile that isn’t hard-wearing will shorten its lifespan, cost more, and could cause damage to your home by providing inadequate protection from the elements.
Finally, it’s important to consider the insulation and energy efficiency of your roof. A well-chosen roof tile will make it easier to heat and cool your home and will offer a level of insulation against noise pollution, creating a quiet, warm sanctuary in the cooler months and a breezy reprieve in the summer.
In terms of materiality, there are two key choices for your roof tiles: ceramic tiles and concrete tiles. The strong fundamentals of ceramic tiles make them an enduringly popular choice on a wide variety of builds. Bristile Roofing’s La Escandella Ceramic roof tiles are the pinnacle of stylish roofing materials, offering a range of benefits:
- Vast style options are available. Ceramic roof tiles are available in more colour and profile combinations than any other commonly used roofing product in Australia.
- Tough and durable. Ceramic tiles are non-combustible; rust and corrosion resistant (making them suitable for wet and coastal areas); and stronger than concrete roof tiles.
- Thermal benefits. Ceramic roof tiles reflect more heat away than other similarly coloured roofing products, reducing air-conditioning costs.
- Sound insulation benefits. La Escandella tiles can reduce external noise by 25 decibels – more than twice the noise reduction achieved by other commonly used roofing materials.
The La Escandella Ceramic roof tile range comes in an assortment of colours and profiles, so whether you’re wanting to create a Spanish Hacienda-themed home, or an urban, industrial oasis, you can achieve your desired style.
Concrete tiles are another great option for roofing. Modern home-owners love the contemporary look and excellent affordability of concrete tiling. Bristile Roofing’s range offers concrete roof tiles that tick numerous boxes in terms of design and functionality:
- Great value. Concrete tiles are one of the most affordable materials available while also being non-combustible, durable and strong (in fact, they get stronger with age).
- Energy efficient. Concrete roof tiles reflect more heat away from your home than other commonly used building materials, while concrete sarking (a second concrete layer underneath the roof tiles) reflects up to 95 percent of radiant heat away from the roof space.
- Wide variety. Concrete tiles are available in dozens of colour and profile combinations.
- Sound insulation benefits. Bristile concrete tiles can also reduce external noise by 30 decibels.
Be it concrete or ceramic, light or dark, whichever way you choose to go, Bristile Roofing has you covered!
If you would like to learn more please visit www.brickworks.com.au